24 March 2009

happy '5'

Happy Birthday (yesterday) to Nolan!
It's hard to believe my oldest is five-years-old already!
...Seems like just yesterday!
These are some of my favorite things about Nolan:

1. I love his smile, and he has the cutest,
contagious giggle when he laughs really hard!

2. I love his ability to focus. This is the house
he built with his books during quiet time.
3. I love his creativity. He always wants to
work on a project....his "homework".
4. I love that Nolan likes to help me clean.
(Better hang on to that one while it lasts!
And I have to write it down to document it,
in anticipation for those teenage years!)
This picture was taken one day when he was looking for some clothes in the dryer. He decided to fold the clothes that he took out while looking for his favorite shirt!
This is Nolan vacuuming Macy's room, after he moved her furniture away from the wall all by himself! I couldn't believe it! Then he re-arranged her furniture to make her room look nice when he finished vacuuming!



Thanks, Nolan, for taking on the role as the oldest and having to train your parents!

1 comments:

James and Jenni McBride said...

Happy Birthday Nolan!!! He made my day last Sunday...I felt not so great and glanced up and Nolan was looking at me. I smiled at him and then crossed my eyes. His smile was so incredible and it made my day. Thanks Nolan!!!!