Many of you may not know that I sew. I say that as a confession, because, for many years I would not actually admit to knowing how to sew. I suppose that peer-awareness in those fragile junior high / high school years probably contributed to this. I didn't think sewing was cool. Now, I'm thankful to my mom for spending countless (I'm sure, frustrating) hours to teach me all about sewing and 4-H quality.
I've been working on a few projects the last several weeks. Side note: not because the projects themselves are actually several-weeks worth, of course, just because I'm good at dragging them out as long as possible and keeping all my sewing things strewn about the family room, right, Jer?
Anyhow, I've been really thankful for this most-thoughtful gift Jer gave me about 6-1/2 years ago. He went to the fabric store, all by himself, bought this and completely surprised me with this limousine-version serger that I had been dreaming about! It was one of the best surprises ever!
Yeah, the women who were working at the fabric store that day must have been totally jealous of my thoughtful husband! Thanks again, honey! It has made my life much easier! And, not to mention, "4-H quality" that much closer to attainable. hahaha

2 comments:
Wow! I remember when my dad brought home a serger for my mom - it was a really big deal! Men like that are a gem, aren't they?!
I envy those skills, how did I miss those 4-H classes? I got the cookies down but could use some of those sewing skills now. ;)
Post a Comment