19 March 2009

flame ball

One of Nolan's favorite things is when Daddy pitches him baseballs. He's actually getting quite good (Nolan, that is), and we have to duck on several occasions to avoid getting hit with his speed-balls. While he was practicing tonight, one of his hits almost made it all the way over the house. Nolan announced that we should call him "FLAME BALL"! I thought this was hilarious!

So here he is, my very own Flame Ball, perhaps the next "Will the Thrill", "Big Cat", "Frenchie", or "Big Papi" (there's my attempt at impressing Jer)........p l a y b a l l !


By the way, if you're wondering about Nolan's hat, it's the new-and-improved-ever-so-fashionable batting helmet, a.k.a. birthday crown from preschool today.

Oh, and this is Macy entertaining herself
while Flame Ball was at batting practice.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, Nolan is really good! And I love the batting helmet.

Your background is so cute. Is it hard to do stuff like that? I want to change my background.

Oh, and I love the family picture at the top. It's great!

James and Jenni McBride said...

Can I call him flame boy?

Karla said...

Erin - It's not hard at all to change the background. You'll notice the link at the bottom of the right-hand column on my page. This is where I found this background...just follow the instructions when you find one you like.

Jenni - You certainly can call him Flame Boy!