Dentist appointments for Nolan and Macy today. We have found the best pediatric dentist....Dr. Steve (Hibbert) in Syracuse. (Side note - I think it's great that he uses his first name!)
Since Nolan has been to Dr. Steve before, he knows the routine and was a stellar patient. We were thrilled that he was so cooperative! (If you read my previous post about baseball and his anxiety for something that is supposed to be fun, you can imagine what we may have anticipated for a visit to the dentist.) Macy surprised all of us, including the hygienist and Dr. Steve.
Macy is only 20 months old, but she sat in the chair willingly, opened her mouth every time she was asked, let them clean her teeth with the fancy shmancy electric cleaner (not sure what the technical name is...you know, the one that goes sszzzze sszzze ssszzzzzze), rinse her mouth with the spray-in water then suck it out with the vacuum, apply fluoride with a swab, AND take x-rays all while holding incredibly still. Then she opened wide for the dentist to check out all of her sixteen pearly whites. She is all about being BIG, and wants to do everything everyone else does. We're happy that means going to the dentist, too!
14 May 2008
"say aaaaaah"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good girl Macy. I wish Leini was that willing. But what can I say, I still hate going to the dentist. Cool blog!! Isn't it so much fun?
Are you kidding me?! What a good girl! That's how she is in nursery too - perfect angel! (whereas Ava freaks out if she sees me even LOOK at the door). I can promise you I won't be so lucky when we take Ava to the dentist... The first two times Karmen went she screamed and cried so hard that all the capillaries in her face burst. Yep. Total nightmare.
I'm really enjoying your blog!
Holy Cow! Go Macy! We barely got the dentist in Brooke's mouth and she is four!
Post a Comment