22 May 2008

karl malonic

Nolan just told me that he "just put on a blog...do you want to hear it? Karl Malonic went fishing and he got to ride on a turtle with me! Snort and hop and stinky trail! The end!"

For those of you who haven't been introduced to Karl Malonic (pronounced mah-LOHN-ik), he is Nolan's pretend friend that has all the adventures. This is what Nolan had to say about Karl Malonic just now. "He has lots of bad cats and a stinky ear and his whale is stinky, too. He broke his head. He lives in Park City." (He has lived by us in Layton, in Indiana, in Atlanta, in Hawaii, and California. He has lived in Disneyland and Disneyworld. FYI - He moves about every other week.) His sister likes princesses. He has a sister named Haley and Kara. Sometimes Karl Malonic is four, sometimes he is thirteen, and sometimes he is thirty. (Should I be concerned about my four-year-old playing with thirty-year-old friends!) Karl Malonic (never just Karl, always "Karl Malonic") has "sixty ninety" brothers. For a few weeks Nolan had to go to his house every other day to help him build his house again because it had burned down again. Oh, and sometimes Karl Malonic's family has to come over to our house because they have no food or beds at their house. Usually, though, they only need twenty beds, not "sixty ninety".

Crazy! Karl Malonic has been around for at least a year now...maybe two! At what point should I become concerned about this imaginary friend???

4 comments:

Lisita said...

I'm no expert but I think imaginary friends are adorable. We haven't dealt with this yet so I'll come to you when I have questions of how to deal with it. :) What a creative genius.

Moey and Spence said...

You shouldn't be concerned until He is 30 and Karl Malonic is still around. Plus we love to hear all the fun things Karl Malonic does.

Lisa said...

I think it's just a case of you having a very smart, imaginative, hilarious kid!

*Thanks for being such a great friend, Karla!

Shannon said...

no way, I love it! I haven't been introduced to Karl Malonic yet and am hoping to soon. What an active imagination that Nolan has. Hopefully his stinky whale will have had a bath when I meet him. I'm sure Macy will appreciate that Nolan had an imaginary friend. They serve as a perfect way to tease siblings later on. We printed "Mister Bister" on my brothers softball shirt a few years ago...