20 May 2008

the chocolate curse


I did it! I conquered the curse of the chocolate frosty stain!!!! Chocolate frosties (that word looks really funny plural...I guess I've never seen it written out in the English language) are a regular reward treat at the Smith household. It's a great deal, for only $.49 + tax we can hit the drive-thru for a junior frosty...what an inexpensive prize for stellar behavior! Unfortunately for Mom, the curse of the chocolate frosty has visited our laundry almost as much as the frozen treats themselves! Usually we're lucky enough that it only affects Macy's bibs. However, last night we had a post-softball game stop at Wendy's for frosties with three cousins, two aunts, one uncle, Gammy and PawPaw, a brand new shirt on Macy and no bib! You guessed it...Macy was drowned in chocolate frosty drool. Well, it came out! Here's the secret: Spot Shot carpet cleaner, lots of rubbing, more Spot Spot, more rubbing, Spot Shot....you get the idea, then a healthy dose of Spray & Wash for good measure. Thanks to Jeremy's sister Alisa for introducing Spot Shot to us several months ago for laundry. I just never thought to try it on frosties!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

good to know. I'm the worst stain-getter-outer, it's nice to have a new tip

Lisita said...

Thanks for the great tip, I'll give it a try!

Moey and Spence said...

Sweet!! Now I know. You mean I could have gotten out all of those frostie stains after all?