We're excited to report that Macy is really starting to talk these days! These are some of our favorite phrases of 'Macy speak':
- "I Do!" - This comes in two forms. The first is a relatively calm version, telling you she wants to do something, like have a bite of your ice cream or go with you. The second is much more demanding, "I DO IT!" This goes for anything you are trying to help her with that she wants to do by herself. We hear this one plenty around here!
"Eez" - aka "please". We're working on combining #1 with #2, or in other words, "I do it, please."- "E-O" - this refers to any instance with more than one. e.g. Macy, do you want a cookie? Response: "E-O!" Playing hide-and-seek with Nolan, Macy's counting sounds like, "e-o-e-o-e-o". If she's pointing out two birds, she says, "Mommy - Bur! E-O!". It's pretty funny!
- Possession. Macy's loves to point out what things belong to whom. While I'm folding laundry, she tells me who the clothes belong to, "Mommy's" or "Nolan's". Every time I take the kids somewhere in the truck (usually while Jer is gone to work with the car), Macy points at the truck and very adamantly states, "Daddy's. Daddy's." She certainly knows who loves the truck the most!
- "Doot!" - aka cute. This is new one from today. She pointed at Nolan's shirt and said "Doot!" and later Nolan's swimsuit, "Doot!" I guess we'll teach her later that boys don't like to be "cute", but cool or handsome or something manly.
3 comments:
I love it!!! Way to go, Macy!
What a cute smile she has in that picture! So adorable.
so cute. I still have your pajama pants that Macy pointed out to be "mommy's"
Post a Comment