Day 1. Sheets and blanket
Day 2. Sheets and blanket
Day 3. Sheets and blanket
Day 4. Sheets and blanket
Day 5. Sheets and blanket
You get the idea. We've traded in pull-ups at night around here for big-boy underwear and are having quite the time keeping them dry. Although we've had a bit of success, the Groundhog's Day version of laundry in the morning is getting quite mundane! Any ideas for potty-training at night?
21 August 2008
five loads of laundry (and counting)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I wish I had ideas for you! Aidan has been dry four nights in a row, but I don't dare trade in the pull-ups because I'm not willing to do laundry every morning! Good luck!
It's been so long since I did the potty training thing that I don't remember too much from actual experience... Maybe just make sure he doesn't drink much after 6:00 and have him go potty right before bed - and maybe even wake him up to go again when you go to bed. And try having him help you wash the sheets and blanket and make the bed again when there's an accident, but be super positive the whole time. Also, I've noticed that if Karmen wakes up having a bad dream, it's almost ALWAYS because she needs to go potty! If it comes down to still having trouble, you might want to just wait to night train him until he's woken up dry for at least a week with his pull-ups. Good luck!!!
Something that seemed to help Natalie the most was actually putting a little kid potty in her room, right next to her bed. She would wake up and realize she needed to go potty but couldn't make it the extra 4 feet to the bathroom, go figure. So having it right next to her bed helped her to use it to potty instead of the sheets.
Also I would let her put a sticker on this calendar thing every morning that she woke up dry. She is pretty competive so making it into a game made sense in her head. Then I would reward her for earning stickers. Sometimes I would have a discussion with her to see where she was coming from on the whole wetting the bed issue. Good thing there are plastic mattress covers!!! Good luck!
Post a Comment