21 August 2008

five pet peeves

  1. Stores that don't have the antibacterial wipes to clean the cart handles before you use them. I actually despise shopping at WalMart for this very reason, but still brave the germs with my own sanitizer on occasion. (It's okay, I have come to terms with the fact that I am a germaphobe!)
  2. People who don't care enough about their job to do their job, case in point: ornery customer service agents.
  3. Chain companies that are so big that regular employees can't help you with what you need. Instead, you have to be transferred five different times on the phone or ask three different people in the store where to find a particular item.
  4. It seems a rare occasion that you can call a doctor when you need to see them and actually schedule an appointment any time sooner that three weeks or three months!
  5. People who think that because I am a Landscape Architect, I should come mow their lawn. (Not because I have anything against mowing the lawn.)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

shute, I was jut going to ask if you could come mow our lawn this weekend.

Erin said...

I don't want you to mow my lawn, I just want to know how to make my yard look nice!!! Oh, and we went to Zion's Nat. Park this weekend and the guy at the toll booth said, "Jawannamap" (do you want a map) like he was so put out that we might actually want them. And I completely agree with the germaphobe thing too.

JenD said...

I always think of you when I see a retaining wall or a nicely draining parking lot... strangely you don't come to mind when I see nicely mowed grass. :-)