02 July 2008

mopping

Today Nolan found a CapriSun drink pouch in the frig. He came downstairs, where I was preparing for a meeting, and asked if he could have it. He even offered to sit at the table to drink it and share it with Macy. Well, of course I said "yes" with that offering! To my dismay, when I went upstairs to check on them a few minutes later, they had poured it (more like sprayed it) into two cups and then dumped it all over the floor. I had no idea how much square footage one drink pouch could cover! Besides that, before I got to it, they had walked in it and tracked it all over the rest of the kitchen floor that wasn't already covered. I did a quick clean-up. Talk about sticky! After lunch I mopped the entire kitchen floor during their nap/quiet time. Ugh, even though it needed to be done anyway, ugh.

Mopping is certainly not my favorite cleaning chore! Okay, so there are several chores that are certainly not my favorite: cleaning the shower, the toilet, ironing (ask Jeremy, he pretty much does all his own ironing).....I could go on! But I won't.

So, here's the question of the day, what is your LEAST favorite chore?

5 comments:

Erin said...

Mine is definitely sweeping. I have thankfully given the job to Ethan. Even though he doesn't do a good job (yet), eventually he will and then I will never have to sweep again!

I'm so sorry for your huge mess!

Lisa said...

I told Rick recently that I feel like all I do all day is clean up big messes. I'm glad to hear that other moms are dealing with the same kind of every-day disasters as me...
As for my least favorite chore, CLEANING THE SHOWER is the most horrid of all!

Lisita said...

I also HATE moping. My hubby is the one who always gives in first when he can't stand it and he does the task. He also does his own ironing so I loved discovering that I'm not the only wife whose hubby does his own. Too funny! Although you hate moping do you have secret tips for doing it - product ideas? One day I need to conquer it!

Moey and Spence said...

I'd have to say folding the whites. No matter how many socks you pair together there they just keep on coming!!!

Shannon said...

I despise emptying the dishwasher. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I don't have a lot of cupboard space and I'm reminded of that every time I attempt to shove something in an already bursting cupboard then quickly try to shut the door before everything falls out, only delaying the envitable when the door must be opened again. Thankfully Cameron doesn't mind undloading. We just usually swap chores. He unloads the dishwasher if I wipe the counters (his least favorite chore). I think it's a good trade.