Grandma W (my mom's mom) passed away July 5, and we spent part of this last weekend at her funeral in Idaho. As strange as it may seem, I actually enjoy funerals because they focus on so many good things about the person being honored - what a fitting end to life on this earth.
14 July 2008
grandma
We remember growing up and visiting Grandma in Woodville, Idaho. We loved playing in the irrigation water in the yard and running around Grandma's house playing our favorite made-up game "zap" - I think every room had two entries so we ran loopdy-doops (and probably drove Grandma crazy!). We loved listening to the chimes on the porch in the country and eating Grandma's comfort food.
We were able to say good-bye to Grandma the day before she passed. Honestly, this was one of the hardest things I've ever done. It's easy to see the blessing you had when it's taken away from you. I'll always carry my fond memories of Grandma and smile when I see those crazy-colored blankets she made for everyone in the family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Reading all of the sweet things about your grandma reminds me of my grandma who died a couple of years ago (the one we lived with in Logan). It's so special to think of the good times. Know that we're thinking of you right now during this difficult time!
It's never easy to lose a loved one. So sorry for your loss! Enjoy those precious memories!!
Karla,
I am so sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your memories of your Grandma. What a blessing to be able to say good bye to your loved ones. My prayers are with you.
Em
Post a Comment