11 August 2009

first day of kindergarten (belated)

Nolan started kindergarten in July, and although I'm a bit late getting these posted, I'm patting myself on the back that I actually posted them before he starts first grade! So, if you'll forgive me for a moment of self congratulatoriness - Good job, Karla! (BTW, if that word isn't in the dictionary, I think it certainly should be!)


I didn't even get his picture with his eyes open!


We were so lucky that Jer had the day off, too, so he was around to make everyone happy for such a potentially-traumatic event for us.
(Those of you who know us best, know all about the anxiety levels at our house.)


This was a big day for me...first child off to kindergarten, and all.
I'm so proud of him, and he is doing so well - making huge strides every day.



To tell you the truth, I was quite sick to my stomach that first day!....Probably more than Nolan! But we all made it! And school has been a great adventure so far!

4 comments:

James and Jenni McBride said...

Way to go Nolan!!!! Gotta love Mrs Jacobs! So glad that things are going so well.

Anna said...

I have to tell you that 1st grade this year was almost harder than kindergarten last year. It is good that the kids like it because moms have a hard time sending them!

PBM&C said...

I am so proud of you Kar....and Nolan too! Congratulationiness to you!

thanks for the pop-by visit last night....I needed it!

Becky

Shannon said...

congratulatoriness should most definitely be in the dictionary. I too, am proud of the both of you. So glad the school thing is going well!