Last night was our Home, Family & Personal Enrichment night for our church. (It's a program for the women to enrich our lives, and we have meetings/activities at least quarterly.) I am part of the committee, and wanted to share this idea. It seemed to be a real hit and helped us have a great time together as sisters!
Here's the skinny: (Sorry the pictures aren't all the greatest...my zoom function isn't all that, and neither is the photographer, for that matter!)
We called it Home, Family, & "Purse"nal Enrichment and spread the word that everyone needed to bring their purse. Aren't these posters the greatest? (Compliments of the graphic designer Lisa on our committee.)

We started out the night with purse bingo. You had to find someone with a specific item in her purse and write her name on the square. This helped everyone mingle and meet other sisters.
Everyone had to weigh-in (their purse, that is). We gave out prizes later for the lightest and heaviest purses.
We followed with a version of the "Let's Make a Deal" game show, hosted by a member of the bishopric, who played the part to the tee! Everyone played for a variety of themed bags -- e.g. The Mommy Bag, the Girl's-Night-Out Bag, the Girl's-Night-In-Bag, the Book-Reader's Bag, the Sewer's Bag (which, incidentally, was a kit to sew the bag herself!)....you get the idea.
We wrapped up with an inspirational thought from the Relief Society President about how we all have different things in our hypothetical purse throughout different times in life. Sometimes our purse is heavy and sometimes it's lighter. All of our experiences are added to our purse and we carry it to help us with situations in the future....
To close, we had tea-party theme refreshments -- delectable cheesecakes, cream puffs, cheese ball and crackers and yummy fruit slush (I'll have track down the recipe and post it!)
These are the party favors -- little purses filled with sweet treats.
This is a long post, but I had to share the fun and the details!

5 comments:
I don't think that you should be allowed to take pictures at functions like this without a disclaimer. :) I really did have a great time and thanks for all the hard work you do on behalf of the women in our ward. You are great!
next time I'll make sure to have everyone sign a waiver beforehand! hahaha Besides, Jenni, what are you worried about? You look great!
This is so funny. We are having our Enrichment next Wed. and the name of our evening is: "Show Your 'Purse'onailty"! Glad to hear all of your fun ideas and that the evening went well. I hope ours goes well too!
Sounds awesome. What to do think the young women would think about an activity like this?
cute idea. If I had anything to do with enrichment, I would definitely suggest this activity.
Post a Comment