(This post is named in honor of Bob Ross, the painter that used to be on t.v. Do you remember him, or am I dating myself?)
I'm trying to expand my "greenie" thumb, meaning, I haven't had much experience caring for plants, just planning where they should go. We've slowly but surely started working on our yard. This is one of the first areas....the strawberry patch. We pulled out more sod to create a planting bed just for the berries and planted one of my favorite ornamental grasses Karl Foerster to help block some of the reflected heat from the house and keep them from burning. (They're on the south side of the house.)
We've also had a trouble spot in our garden that manages to grow weeds all summer long. It's only about 18 inches wide, and, up until yesterday, it was barren. I decided to try tome new groundcover this summer to see if it will help the problem.
It's called tricolor sedum, and, as you can see, it's obviously named for the green, pink and white. In case you're interested, there are several different kinds of sedum - some are more of a groundcover type, some will fit it better with your perennials. Some change colors throughout the season. All are drought tolerant and love the heat!
We'll keep you posted on our garden progress...so far, so good! (Well, that is except for the marigolds in the garden, which are still not doing well. On the positive side, we've only completely lost one of the sixteen! The others are dismally hanging in there!)

1 comments:
ooooooh, I love that ground cover. That'll look really good when it fills in. I need to start consulting you on my yard efforts. I don't have so much of a green thumb, a little more brown...
Post a Comment